Hard to believe another school year is done. While it is only my second year down, I am amazed at how fast they fly by! I try to reflect on lessons, units, projects, etc. throughout the year, but this article I found, "Transformation Begins With Reflection: How Was Your Year?" reminded me that it is important to look back on the year as a whole. If we, as educators, want to change for the future, become better in the classroom, use more available tools, we have to look back on each year and see how we can implement more for the next group, how we can spice it up for them, and how we can continue to change and grow so as not to become crotchety and stagnate in our classrooms. While I liked this article for my personal teaching, it also hit home because I am sitting on the technology committee at my school and we are doing a lot of reflecting on past devices and what will be the best tool for all teachers in the future. We have bond money that needs to be used and our laptops are starting to go down. As a group, we are reflecting on the past and looking to the future and what we want to do. Our transformation is beginning, and it has been fun for me to sit on that committee and see how things work. I plan to do a lot of "reflecting" this summer as to how I can implement more of my iPad into my classroom, because I had a hard time figuring out how to use only one in my classroom. Two more days for me. Let the reflecting begin!
Aguilar, Elena. "Transformation Begins With Reflection: How Was Your Year?" Edutopia. N.p., 4 June 2013. Web. 08 June 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment