My district gave all educators and administrative staff an iPad last year, and to be honest, I have struggled to find really good uses for only one in the classroom when I have a laptop computer hook up as well. I love the iPad, don't get me wrong, but it has been hard to figure out ideas on using it with a class of 28 and not losing students in the process. This article, "Free iPad Apps to Teach Current Events" gave great insight on a few apps that give easy access to news, articles and inspiring talks from Ted Talks for students to access. I just got the idea that I could set my iPad up and use it as a station in my classroom for groups to visit. The other groups will be working on another station while my iPad is set up as one. I like that the author of this article, Monica Burns, said, "My students use their iPads as creators everyday". I want my students to use this tool and have it enhance their learning! I can't wait to find more great uses for this tool in my classroom.
Burns, Monica. "Free IPad Apps to Teach Current Events." Edutopia. Edutopia, 17 May 2013. Web. 22 May 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment